Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Things are heating up

Runners are arriving and the level of anticipation is growing.. ok maybe thats just me.. and maybe its aprehension because I am now meeting veterans of MdS who are sharing stories and advice.. such a gracious bunch, but I have packed and repacked my kit three times now and I sense there is more to do.
This morning I had the honor of meeting Mohamed Ahansal, three time winner of MdS and one of the most gracious people I have met. The commradery is amazing and advice (and horror stories) are free flowing. I also met the woman evac'd last year due the to scorpion sting and what a character.. all in stride and back for more.
The temperature is also going up and while everyone keeps saying it is waaaay cooler than last year.. I also keep hearing its much warmer once we get out to the desert.
The scenary is spectacular. Ouarzazate is at the base of the snow topped Atlas Mountains.. but that seems far away from the heat that starts building by mid day... oh joy...
So long for now.. I think I just thought of more stuff I can cut from my pack....
Run Happy
Ed

6 comments:

  1. Sounds inCREDIBLE already! Corre Feliz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you're enjoying your time Ed! We're all cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an Amazing adventure already is right! I'm sure you'll have your own stories to tell. Take lots of pictures and I hope your camera doesn't get cut from your pack! ;P Go Ed Go!!

    ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeez, just read up a little on this thing and WOW! Be safe out there, Uncle. I'll be checking every day for updates and such, can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. our anticipation is growing too, Ed, and we're WAY over here! Stay strong man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so impressed with what you are about to do...good luck! I can't wait to read all about it! Run Happy Run!

    Celeste

    ReplyDelete