Friday, April 29, 2011

Now that the dust has settled!

Came back to a maelstrom of things at work and wanted to let my experience at MdS settle and gain some perspective. So thanks to all for your patience. I am going to spend the next few posts on the race and the experience and try to communicate if possible the amazing "foot print" that this adventure left on me.

I met some of the most amazing people in a country that is almost impossible to describe.  The harshness of the environment and the landscape were, at times overwhelming. In complete juxtaposition to this starkness was the hospitality and friendliness of the  Moroccan people. I can't begin to describe how hard this race was, nor the graciousness of the Moroccan people I met but I will try over the next few posts.

I also met athletes in my fellow competitors that I know will be life long friends. We laughed so hard at times I had tears in my eyes and my sides hurt... We also shed equally hard the tears of emotion and physical effort laid bare by what we collectively experienced, each at such a personal level.
I can't wait to share my experience ...

1 comment: